Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chaos in the studio...

So I started the daunting task of reorganizing and cleaning the "Studio", which is in fact an enclosed porch off of our living room. I've made a lot of progress, but I've also managed to reach a point where I am stuck. I've decided to completely flip my work surface area which will increase the amount of countertop space I have, but will involve moving items I had planned to leave alone. Even so, in the long run it will be worthwhile. I'll be more accessible to the family during waking hours while I am in the studio, and late at night I'll be able to hear any little footsteps much earlier than previously.

I expect that the space will evolve with time. This set-up will more than likely last for a few weeks and then change again depending upon my needs. While cleaning and reorganizing I've found many beautiful vintage pieces that I forgot I had and many restoration projects to work on when my own creativity levels are low. I've also located beads and components that I thought were lost forever. It truly is amazing what you find when you clean up! More later, and perhaps pictures of the finished space...

No comments:

Post a Comment